Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Swatch and Review: The Walking Dead Duo by Lorelei Lacquer!


Hey y'all! Today on the blog I have swatches of a super awesome fandom duo from Lorelei Lacquer to share with you! Each month, Jeanine releases LE duos that are only available for that month and for October the inspiration is...The Walking Dead! 


When she leaked in our Lorelei Lacquer fan group that October was TWD...I died a little from excitement! I am absolutely in love with this duo - the formulas are excellent and the polishes are beautiful! Are you ready to see some swatches? Are you prepared to want stuff...and thangs? Let's do this! 


The first polish in the duo is called Don't Open. Its a flakie topper in a clear base filled with purple holo flakies, purple holo circle glitters, purple and blue micro shimmer, and larger silver holo shreds. I wore it below in my swatch photo as one thick coat over Zoya Willa plus topcoat but it can also be built up in 3-4 thin coats to wear on its own! 
Don't Open in indirect artificial lighting
Don't Open in direct artificial lighting
Macro of Don't Open
The second polish in the duo is called Dead Inside. Its a gorgeous magenta holo polish with a blue flash. This beauty could be worn as a one coat wonder if you do a thicker coat but I wore it below in two thin coats plus topcoat. This one is a such pinkie bloody shade that matches the inspiration perfectly! I had no staining issues with Dead Inside when I removed it.

Dead Inside in indirect artificial lighting
Dead Inside in direct artificial lighting
Macro of Dead Inside
Macro bottle shots of Dead Inside (left) and Don't Open (right)
So you guys probably want the deets for this duo, huh? Okay so the LE Don't Open/Dead Inside duo launches on Thursday, October 1st at 12:01AM CST at loreleilacquer.com with a restock on the 15th (in case you miss the initial launch). These polishes will only be available in the duo and only for the month of October, so don't miss them! They're total must haves, especially if you're a TWD superfan! They will be available in full size for $20 and mini size for $13 - Jeanine is now offering free shipping on all US orders and you can use my code PISHPOSH10 for 10% off your entire order! So. Much. WIN! 

If you'd like to see the live swatch I did on my Youtube channel, click down below! 


image credit: google images
So what do y'all think? Will you be picking these beauties up? Are you a fan of TWD?

Thanks for reading!

Want to see more? Click below to connect with me! 










18 comments:

  1. AMAZING! I love both of these, but if I absolutely had to choose, Dead Inside would win by a hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freaking gorgeous! I loved your live application video and I have to say black looks so amazing on your claws too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are a perfect fit for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch the walking dead but I love love love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like don't open! I'm excited for TWD coming back next Sunday. Fear TWD has been keeping me entertained in the meantime

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning! That pink holo is so vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dead inside is a stunning colour. Gorgeous swatches x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful swatches! I would have never associated TWD with pink, purple, and holo but these are perfect! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a fan of TWD but these polishes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a fan of TWD but these polishes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't Open has such an amazing combination, looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete