Thursday, September 17, 2015

Maple Holistics Review


Hey y'all! Today on the blog I have a review of some products from Maple Holistics. I know that I've always blogged about nail polish and other nail and hand related items here. Additionally, my youtube channel and other social media accounts have always been about nail polish. I want to let you guys know that my primary focus will remain on polish and other related items but that I am also branching out and talking about some other things. That is where this review comes in! Maple Holistics reached out to me via email and asked if I would be interested in reviewing some products and sharing with you guys. I was a little hesitant at first but decided after looking into the company that I would go ahead. 

Maple Holistics is a company that manufactures and sells all natural products made with only holistic ingredients. They sell these products on their own website, mapleholistics.com and on Amazon. Their products are all manufactured in the US and are cruelty free. Their mission statement, directly from their website:
"Maple Holistics has one goal in mind: to provide a natural, holistic range of premium products which can enhance hygiene, health and daily living."


I started off by using the Dead Sea Mineral Youth Mud Mask after thoroughly cleansing my face. I wasn't too sure about it at first because mud masks usually leave my face feeling very dry afterwards but I went ahead with it. It smells AMAZING, primarily like lavender. I really felt like I was having a spa-like experience as I was applying it to my face. It had a slightly cooling sensation on my skin as it was drying. It dried in about 8-10 minutes, after which I washed it off. My skin felt smooth and soft to the touch after using it. I used the mask 3 or 4 times and each time got the same results. I quite enjoyed my results from the Mineral Youth Mask. The ingredients in the mask are: 
Pure Dead Sea Mud: The Dead Sea in Israel is the most saline body of water in the world, with a mineral concentration of approximately 32% (Ben Gurion University, Dead Sea Resarch Center). Mud from the Dead Sea has a high content level of salts and minerals that are claimed to be essential for the face and body.
German Chamomileb: Known to be nature’s most effective anti-inflammatory, German Chamomile is naturally rejuvenating and helps reduce inflammation. German Chamomile also contains traces of lithium to assist in calming the nerves and reducing stress.
Lavender: This highly popular oil in the world of aromatherapy contributes compounds which work well with the minerals of the mud and helps attain maximum absorption.
Green Myrtle: This valuable asset oil is reputed to be the single most effective essential oil against oily skin. Many skincare products skip over this ingredient due to its high production costs; this formula does not compromise for any cheaper and less effective alternatives.
Clary Sage: The aromatherapy aspect is heightened with the addition of Clary Sage, which helps deliver an herbaceous and relaxing scent while complementing the positive benefits on facial skin.
Biodeynes EMPP: The extracellular matrix of human skin is comprised of collagens and elastic fibers, the latter of which elasticin is a primary component. This beneficial ingredient promotes collagen and elasticin in the skin, for loss of elasticity in the skin causes sagginess and wrinkles.

The second item I received from Maple Holistics was their Vitamin C Anti Aging Serum. Unfortunately, I didn't like the serum as much as I had hoped. I wasn't able to use it as directed (morning and night) because I really disliked the way the serum felt on my skin. I told my husband that it was so dry and plastic-y feeling that I knew how Barbie might describe her own skin. I know that sounds like I'm trying to be funny, but really that's the only way I can describe it. Now, this serum is supposed to be a firming and smoothing mask - however, the product never seemed to actually sink all the way into my skin. Rather, it sat on the top layer of my skin for several hours and it wasn't until the next morning that it finally seemed gone. I suspect that my dislike of the serum is a personal preference issue because my mom tried my sample as well and had a wonderful experience.  The ingredients for this serum are:
Water, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate) 10%, Vegetable Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Vitamin E Acetate,Retinyl Palmitate, Algae Extract, Pullulan Xanthum Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, CaprylhydroxamicAcid, Glyceryl Caprylate
 Overall, I was very pleased with my interactions with the company and the speed of the shipping for my products. I look forward to trying more products from them to see if the serum was just a matter of personal preference as I suspect it is. I may be hosting a giveaway for some Maple Holistics products here on my blog, so stay tuned for that. If you'd like to see my live review of these products, head over to my Youtube channel!


Have you ever tried anything from Maple Holistics? What is your favorite skincare item?

Thanks for reading!

Want to see more? Click below to find all of my social media accounts!

8 comments:

  1. Such an interesting read. I use masks and serum, and these sound lush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mask sounds awesome - I love face masks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin looks fantastic! And I have to say you are adorable even with mud on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving that mirror picture. There is no way I would look that cute with goop all over my face. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried using a Mud Mask before. That once does sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mud mask. Doing one each week and this is amazing for the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I've never used a mud mask before and this one sounds like it's worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely use masks or serum type products on my face, but I like the sound of the mask. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete