Sunday, May 1, 2016

Swatch and Review: LynBDesigns Staycation Collection


Hey y'all! Today on the blog I have the Staycation Collection from LynBDesigns to share with you. This 9 piece collection consists of 8 cremes and 1 glitter topper. Each of the creme shades is a pastel or "bleached" neon color which is super fun for the upcoming summer season and the glitter topper is a fun addition to the collection! I have a ton of photos to share with you so I'm going to jump right in to the swatches. 






Oahu is a pastel magenta creme. I did have to add a few drops of thinner to this one because it was on the thicker side and somewhat difficult to apply to my nail. After the thinner it applied much easier in two coats - one thin coat and one thicker coat. Oahu has more of a crelly formula than a creme formula so it applied patchy on the first coat and leveled out on the second coat. All of my photos show two coats plus KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat.




Rio is a pastel pink neon creme that rivals the pinkest of Barbie pinks. I added a few drops of thinner to this one as well due to it being on the thicker side. Rio also has a crelly formula so the first coat is streaky and the second coat makes it opaque and the topcoat levels it out. All of my photos show two coats plus topcoat.




Miami is a soft coral neon creme. The color of Miami reminds me a lot of photos of China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy that I have seen. I don't own it personally to compare but its at least similar in color. Miami was also on the thicker side but a few drops of thinner fixed it right up. Despite some formula issues, Miami made it to my top 3 favorites of this collection. I applied it in one thin coat and one thick coat as I did the others and the topcoat leveled it out. My photos show two coats plus topcoat. 




Cabo is a pastel orange neon creme that reminds me of a creamsicle pop. Cabo needed a couple of drops of thinner as well but applied in two coats and smoothed out with topcoat. Cabo was another favorite for me - I usually don't love oranges or yellows against my skin tone but this one looked lovely. My photos show two coats plus topcoat. 




Bondi is a pastel yellow neon creme that is super vibrant and in your face bright. Bondi had a great formula for me - still a crelly formula but smooth and not thick at all. I applied one thin coat that was a bit patchy but leveled out and became opaque on the second coat. All of my photos show two coats plus topcoat. 




Santorini is a pastel green neon creme. Formula and application were like Bondi - smooth and not thick at all. Santorini is still more like a crelly than a true creme but it applied in two coats for full opacity. All of my photos show two coats plus topcoat. 




Ibiza is a pastel blue neon creme. Y'all....YOU GUYS. This one is my number one favorite - but those of you that have followed me for a while would have already guessed that. Ibiza is blue and blue nail polish = the best nail polish. Ibiza's formula was identical to Santorini and Bondi - a crelly like formula but opaque in two coats. All of my photos show two coats plus topcoat. 




Eluthera is a pastel purple neon creme. It is the final creme in this collection and rounds out the full ROYGBIV color spectrum nicely. Eluthera a nice and easy crelly like formula. All of my photos show two coats plus topcoat. 




Bora Bora is a clear galaxy holo topper. It was a bit tricky to catch on camera as it is very scattered and subtle but in person, its a beautiful chameleon - looking iridescent in artificial light but catching the fire of the holo in direct sun. I applied one coat over black in my photos and added topcoat. 

If you're interested in seeing the live swatch and review I did on this collection you can click below to head to my Youtube channel:


Overall thoughts on this collection are: the first half of the collection was a bit tricky for me and required a few drops of thinner but I've seen other reviews of this collection and most of the other ladies reviewing it didn't seem to have the same issues that I did. It is possible that maybe my bottles were slightly open during shipping and thats why they were thicker. Either way - the colors are gorgeous and the second half of the collection performed well for me. If this is your first neon collection - the pinks and the orange may be frustrating to apply if yours are like mine. I do have to say that Jennalyn of LynBDesigns has incredible customer service and I can rest assured knowing that if I had purchased this collection on my own and was unhappy with it that she would do everything to rectify the problem. Last thing to mention - these dry super fast. I mean, lightening fast. 5 minutes or less so unfortunately they do not water marble but the plus side is that you don't have to wait a long time for them to be dry. And I think that's it for my final thoughts. 

If you'd like to pick up this collection, they will retail for $6 each or $50 with free shipping (US only) for the entire 9 piece collection. The Staycation Collection launches May 6th, 2016 at 7pm EST in the LynBDesigns store. You can also follow LynBDesigns on Instagram and Facebook for more swatches or join us in the LynBLoves Facebook group for exclusive looks into further collections and news about current sales and collections. 




Thanks for reading, 


1 comment:

  1. I really like nail polish. The bottle of your nail polish great. I will buy it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete