Thursday, May 12, 2016

Swatch and Review: Lolita Lacquer Trollita Duo


Hey y'all! Today on the blog I have some swatches for Lolita Lacquer to share with you! This time its for the Trollita Duo which is inspired by the Troll dolls from the 90's. Y'all remember those, right? Where are my 90's babies at?! These two polishes are true to the inspiration and super fun. Let me show you!






Beady Eyes is a milky white crelly base filled with gold and black hex glitter, gold and black circle glitter, and black and gold micro glitter. The formula on Beady Eyes is sheer due to it being a white crelly but it went on for me in 3 coats. I did have to manipulate some of the glitter towards the tip of my nail but I didn't have to do any crazy fishing around for glitter and it was relatively easy to get it where I wanted it. It dried to a glossy finish on its own but due to the amount of glitter, I did apply two layers of topcoat to smooth it out completely. 



Belly Button is a clear based glitter topper filled with every glitter imaginable - hearts, stars, triangles, hexes, diamonds - all in multicolored holographic form. I typically stay away from glitter toppers but this one is spot on for the inspiration and totally felt like a party on my nails. I did have to invert the bottle a few times to get the glitter on the brush so that was moderately frustrating but the base is very thin on this polish so the glitter can sink a little. Its a trade off for me though because I dislike glitter toppers that are in thick bases. Once I inverted the bottle, I was able to apply Belly Button in two coats and tons of glitter came out. I really loved it over black! 

If you'd like to see my live review on Youtube, click below. 




The Trollita Duo from Lolita Lacquer launches tomorrow, Friday the 13th at 10am PST in the Lolita Lacquer store. The duo retails for $14 or you can get each polish for $8. My bottles are minis, just for swatching purposes but the ones for sale will be full sized bottles. You can see more swatches on Lolita Lacquer's Instagram as well. 

Did you have Troll dolls growing up? Which was your favorite? 

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment